Customers now have various ways to interact with a business to understand a product and do their research before making a purchase decision. Your ideal prospects are now spoiled with the choice to make purchases using more than one channel. Business strategies now require marketing to be enabled across multi-channel platforms to target and convert your ideal prospects.
Multi-channel marketing is a strategy adopted by marketers to stay connected with customers through channels often used by their target audience. Marketing through any emerging or existing communication channel enables effortless communication and improves the customer’s experience with the brand. As the number of communicative channels increases, businesses should focus on being more accessible to their ideal prospects and the global market. Multi-channel marketing provides customers with a choice to interact through their most preferred media.
B2B and B2C companies use multiple channels to inform, educate, target, engage, nurture, and convert customers by employing efficient multi-channel marketing strategies. Different businesses favor varied communication channels depending on the platform that sees maximum engagement from their ideal prospects. Companies are now relying on the internet as a significant commerce channel and have integrated technologies like mobile commerce to ensure a smooth customer experience.
A survey conducted by bizible involving over 350 marketers studied how different industries engage with their customers or generate potential leads. Let’s take a look at industries and their most preferred channel of marketing.
Technology & Software
Consumer Goods & Services
Marks & Spencer
Channel the right data into your multi-channel marketing campaigns!
Gather deep customer insights and leverage it to your benefit!
Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy focusing on developing meaningful relationships with prospects and existing customers. A marketing strategy with emails is effective in converting prospects into customers who make recurring purchases. Email marketing can be used to welcome new customers, generate leads, nurture high-value prospects, product & service education, inform your client base of new product launches, customer retention, offers, and sale.
Tricks for successful email campaigns
- Own an accurate email marketing list
- Curate relevant content material
- Use attractive call-to-actions
- Personalized and engaging campaigns
- Ensure email campaigns are mobile optimized
- Employ effective automation services for follow-ups
Master the trends & challenges of email marketing!
Telemarketing is a marketing strategy that uses communicative channels like the telephone, internet, or fax to directly market goods or services to potential customers. Although telemarketing is well known for product pitches, it can also be strategized for B2B sales, event promotion, lead generation, market research, political campaigning, and more.
Tricks for successful telemarketing
- Know your prospects before you dial
- Pre-plan your calls with right data
- Improve communication skills
- Ask intriguing questions to understand your role better
- Build a quick rapport to make the conversation interesting
- Take rejection in your stride and move on from bad calls
Search engine marketing is a marketing strategy to increase your brand visibility in the search engine result pages. A business can extend its prospect reach by search engine marketing, referred to as paid search or pay per click ads, as most consumers are now online to search and shop for products that benefit them. Some of the most popular search engine marketing platforms are – Google Ads, Yahoo Search Ads, Facebook Ads, and Bing Ads.
Tricks for successful search engine marketing
- Effective keyword research & management
- A/B test your landing pages to increase quality score
- Curate high-quality Ad content that is relevant
- Leverage remarketing Ad content
- Review and revise your SEM strategy frequently
- Keep track of your competitor’s ads
Seo tips to remember when designing your website
Social media platforms are widely used irrespective of age, location, and gender. Marketing strategies that leverage social media platforms have better reach to their ideal prospects and frequently interact through engaging posts. Some of the social media platforms that are used to market are – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Reddit, and more. When social media marketing is used effectively, businesses can achieve improved brand engagement, recognition, awareness, loyalty, and advocacy.
Tricks for successful social media marketing
- Utilize social media to assist with link building
- Ask open-ended questions and solicit feedback
- Develop creative and engaging social media copies
- Use social media to direct traffic to website or blogs
- Monitor social conversations and tweak your campaigns accordingly
- Leverage audience research by viewing the reach and insights of posts
Learn how to use videos to enhance social media marketing
Account-based marketing is a multi-channel marketing strategy that targets high-value prospects with personalized and targeted campaigns. ABM campaigns focus on building relationships and quality outreach by creating relevant content and crafting experiences that aid smooth sales funnel flow. ABM is a strategy adopted by small-sized businesses as well as fortune 500 companies. ABM focuses on B2B accounts intending to expand customer base and measure its success on the target account’s quality it converts.
Tricks for successful ABM campaign
- Define target accounts that fit the specific parameters
- Align marketing and sales to support campaigns
- A/B test your ABM campaigns with executives
- Personalize and engage accounts with ABM campaigns
- Create better customer experiences with targeted strategies
- Review and report regularly on ABM success criteria
Employ an efficient account based marketing strategy with DataCaptive
Businesses need to be accessible where their customers often interact and capture customers’ interest by leveraging multi-channel marketing to achieve benefits.
Improved engagement and conversion rate
Increase customer base with lower acquisition costs
Stay ahead of your competitors
Build lasting relationships with positive brand experience
Increase sales & revenue
Improve marketing potential
How can DataCaptive™ help you with multi-channel marketing?