You know what Rand Fishkin, one of the world famous Digital Marketers, started with!!!
With a BLOG PORTAL (seomoz.org)
Isn’t that surprising?
Here are some facts you will find interesting…
He found the learning process to be frustrating as he didn’t have enough expertise or knowledge in SEO. So, he made an attempt to share his experiences and showcase what he was reading and experimenting through his blog articles.
The fact mentioned above is actually Good news for Amateurs in the field of Digital marketing.
His expertise in Digital Marketing came through a continuous learning process. He didn’t have much idea regarding SEO, Content Marketing, Social media marketing etc. Through step by step learning, he was able to understand and execute the principles of Digital Marketing.
Recently, in one of the interviews, he laid emphasis on the Importance of Social Media Marketing.
Understanding the role of social media helped him shape his business outlook.
You can learn more on social media marketing from our previous blog: WHY SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING IS IMPORTANT IN DIGITAL MARKETING
Speakers help in Amplification of sound.
Like speakers, SEO techniques and Content Marketing strategies helped him spread positive messages of his company in the best way possible.
That’s sound pretty awesome right.
Just read CONTENT MARKETING AND SEO for attaining more information regarding this.
Do you know what religious preachers and paid search advertisers have in common?
They really want people to convert.
Just a small joke to keep you interested.
In the previous paragraphs we discussed about all the marketing techniques that he applied in his business. Now, let’s check out some of the values which kept him ahead of other competitors.
PLEASE REMEMBER “Values are like fingerprints. Nobody’s are the same, but you leave ’em all over everything you do”.
Hence, values to which he gave priority were TAGFEE i.e. Transparency, Authenticity, Generosity, Fun, Empathy and Exception.
Now, let’s discuss on topic for which you were eagerly waiting for i.e
· How to get started?
In one of his recent interviews, he said that the best way to begin is to start your own website – a blog, a small content-focused site, or even taking on a website for a small business or organization with whom you have a relationship (your cousin’s ice cream shop, your friend’s nonprofit, etc.)
- How can someone in the digital marketing space stand out in a job application when so many people are applying for the same jobs?
- (Because “Good decisions come from experience and experience comes from bad decisions”)
- Relevant examples of projects where your work made a big difference and how you did it (you can explain the latter part in the in-person interview, but show a project that’s directly related to the work.)
- Recognition from the audience in your field (ie views, comments and reviews on blog posts, guest articles, presentations, a popular social media following related to your industry work etc.)
- Rand Fishkin’s best Advice for job seekers and careerists alike?
- Use that to your advantage and if you’re passionate about the industry, contribute publicly, build up a repertoire of content on the web and watch to see what offers come your way as results.
- Every person who has done something truly impressive, that has earned attention, has received multiple solicitations. There is no better way than this to quickly level their career, is his opinion.