But is such a distinct demarcation in marketing between men and women visible in the B2B industry as well? Do gender differences play a vital role in determining a sales pitch’s success in the B2B sector?
These are some of the questions that we are going to answer in this article.
In this blog, we have covered- ___________________________________________
- The role of gender in B2B sales and marketing
- Benefits of understanding the gender of your audience
- Differences of marketing to genders with references
- Is gender the most vital aspect of marketing?
Does gender difference in B2B marketing exist?
- Build and update your ideal customer profiles
- Strategize sales campaigns
- Retarget your ideal customers for retention
- Design offers and discount codes for customer loyalty
- Develop your product or services to reach out to maximum customers
Click here to know how to download an ideal customer profile template and ace your marketing game
Fact- Statistics reveal that women in the decision-making positions like to look out for options or opportunities during the day while at work, while men mostly do this during free time and weekends.
Let’s get ahead with the significant differences that set the men and women audience apart in the marketing world, especially in the B2B world.
Another graph that shows the varied decision-making tactics of men and women
However, before going into the gender differences in advertising, it is essential to point out that there is very little evidence for these differences. It isn’t science, rather some observations and pseudo-science tendencies that you might want to consider implementing in your marketing campaigns.
- Some scientific studies state men analyze the situation better. These studies often show that men’s brains are built for problem-solving, focusing on the task at hand. Such theories claim that, unlike men, women are typically good at remembering events. Women clientele cherish feeling comfortable about professional transactions and prefer feeling appreciated by the vendor.
- There is a decade worth of scientific research on this subject, which shows observable differences in how men and women behave as shoppers. Women seem to assimilate more information from an advertisement than men but require far more exposure to the advertising to be convinced by it.
- Great customer service
- Good advice
- Good feedback
- Great value for money
- Offers, rewards, and discounts
- Regular communication
- Personalized offers
- Problem-solving product/service
- Reduces stress
- Products that come with manuals, DIY charts, or instructions on their social media handles
- Address the ‘Pain Points’
- Helps in time management
Marketing Tip– Women are more keen listeners than men and are more likely to pick on tiny little details. Hence, salespeople must make sure to keep their pitch clean and detailed.
There are multiple common grounds for both male and female buyers in the B2B industry despite differences. There is very little evidence for physiological differences between men and women regarding how decisions are made, but this does not mean they do not exist. Factors like visualization, experimentation, and communication, among many others, collectively form the basis of emotion, which pushes a consumer to buy a product.
A marketer needs to consider all factors while selling a product or a service, irrespective of gender. Your potential customers feel the emotion throughout their buying journey until their purchase, which is vital to analyze. Take feedback and analyze it for better output.
It’s necessary to survey both your male and female consumers to determine their motivations for buying your product/service and convert your prospects into leads. This information will enable you to target other visitors to your website and create a buyer journey that is emotionally convincing for every visitor, irrespective of gender, and retain customers.
What must B2B marketers most importantly consider other than gender?
Drop your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’d like us to cover topics you wish to know, give in your suggestion, and we’ll make it happen.